Skip to content

We decided to wait until after the weekend to go into Cartagena. We need to get new oars and reglue the oar holders. During the day we took off the carburator on the dinghy motor. Gasoline from last season had clogged it. From now on we will switch of the motor by closing the fuel.

We anchored two days in hard winds. It was a good plan because it would have been very hard to go around the cape. We have a Danforth anchor that works extremely well in sand and light grass. For hard surfaces it is not so good. We vere hanging on in windgusts over 35 knots.

At wone time the wind flipped the dinghy over, and the oars unfortunatly floaed away.